Thursday, April 3, 2014

Use Private Browsing to Allow Multiple Users on One Computer

I have found private web browsing to be a useful tool in class for three reasons:
  1. Students are sharing computers and need to sign into their Google Drive, while another student is logged in.
  2. A student wants to sign into Google Drive on your computer to access a presentation or document for a presentation in class.
  3. I want to show students how to sign into a site that requires my username and password.
In the three above scenarios by opening a private browsing window, I do not have to sign out of another account. The private browsing window thinks that I am a new user and will not remember my previous username and passwords. Follow the steps below to open a private browsing window.

In Google Chrome:
  1. Click the three horizontal line icon in the upper right hand corner.
  2. Click “New Incognito Window”

In Safari:
  1. Click “Safari” in the upper left corner.
  2. Click “Private Browsing…”

In Firefox:
  1. Click “File” in the upper left corner.
  2. Click “New Private Window”

No comments:

Post a Comment